Wednesday, January 28, 2015

How to Properly Email Your Instructor

If you have be absent or you are not able to turn in an assignment due to technical issues, knowing how to email your instructor properly is crucial.  Today in class, we were taught how to do this correctly. 

A good example is:

Hi Dr. Johnson,

I will be absent for class on Saturday, March 28th.  I have a university sponsored field trip on that day.  I will be able to check Blackboard and my email periodically for any updates from you regarding assignments.  I however would like to know what content will be in our lecture on that day.  I can also meet with you in your office about it if you are available.  I hope this does not create much trouble for you.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
John Doe


Here is a very bad example:

hey

i dont know if im gonna be in class on like tuesday or something.  so yeah whatever.  what are we doin then?


No comments:

Post a Comment