Monday, February 2, 2015

Reconsiderations

After watching the video "Patton Oswalt's Magical Black Man", I started thinking about if I was even convinced to stop doing something I wasn't good at.  Unfortunately, I have not had a memorable experience where someone told me something I was doing wasn't worth my time.  I still can take a lesson away from it though.  It's important though to listen criticism of what you choose to do.  The "magic black man" from the video could be anyone in our lives.  It could be a family member, a friend, or a complete stranger.  If I were to receive any criticism, I would evaluate what it means and determine if I should change my life choices if their comment struck a chord.  Even though I haven't had an instance like the video I'll still be mindful if something like it were to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment